PDA

View Full Version : L-seat vs V-seat

Jun 07, 2006, 07:00 PM
Can anyone do the V-seat?

If you are flexible enough to do the V-seats; do you need extra strength?

Jun 07, 2006, 08:24 PM
Allot more hip flexor strength.
Probably triceps and some other upper body muscles.
I would guess V-Seat are easier on the abdominal muscles, but I may be wrong.

Jun 08, 2006, 10:26 AM
Allot more hip flexor strength.
Probably triceps and some other upper body muscles.
I would guess V-Seat are easier on the abdominal muscles, but I may be wrong.

Really it's easier on the abs?
I can't do it, so I don't know.

Jun 09, 2006, 06:26 PM
Getting into the V-seat is hard, but holding it is easy.
Flexibility is the main key for this exercise.

Jun 09, 2006, 06:48 PM
Holding is only easy if you have crazy hamstring flexibility.
How many people have that.
Also besides looking nice, what is the point of that exercise?

Jun 14, 2006, 07:34 PM
L seat on the floor or on the dip bars?
Which is better?

Jun 14, 2006, 07:52 PM
L seat on the floor or on the dip bars?
Which is better?

Dip bar is easier.
Floor is cooler.

plancheismine
Aug 18, 2006, 04:45 PM
v-sits are a lot harder then L-sits! I can kind of hold a v sit on a pull up bar so I have the ab and hip flexor strength but on the ground is impossible for me! I'll just keep working the core muscles though.

koltz
Aug 19, 2006, 07:02 AM
I'd be doing one arm muscle ups and planches before I can even think of the Vsit , my ham flexibility is the pits.......

plancheismine
Aug 21, 2006, 07:38 PM
I'd be doing one arm muscle ups and planches before I can even think of the Vsit , my ham flexibility is the pits.......
luckily I am flexible. But the manna is even harder!

Aug 21, 2006, 08:32 PM
Ahhhhh, the gymnasts wannabees...
J/K

plancheismine
Aug 21, 2006, 10:46 PM
yeah you better be joking. I might eventually be able to achieve a V-sit......................

Celcius
Aug 27, 2006, 09:48 AM
There is an exercise that helps with the V-Sit.

It goes llike this. You sit down on the floor. Feet togther legs straight. You Place your hands next to your feet.
http://www.exrx.net/StretchImages/Hamstrings/Seated.jpg

Now press your hands into the floor and lift your feet slightly above the floor. Hold for as long as posibble.

Here is another one.
Remmember the V-Ups?
http://bodyweightculture.com/images/P1010226-ed.jpg

Do them with your arms by your sides. Try to pause at the top for as long as possible.

Those will help you with V-Seat.

Enjoy :-D

plancheismine
Aug 29, 2006, 01:13 PM
I can do the first stretching exercise easily but the seconds is harder to balance. But right now I am working tuck sits and leaning really far back for the mandatory tricepe strength.

WarR
Nov 05, 2006, 10:36 PM
im just still learning to do L-seats! fingerstrength is my only problem so far...i should get it by the end of the year. :)

koltz
Nov 06, 2006, 07:38 AM
I can already lift my legs up a bit , higher from parralel , on pbars much mroe higher..... eventualyl ill get a vsit

plancheismine
Nov 10, 2006, 10:27 PM
I can already lift my legs up a bit , higher from parralel , on pbars much mroe higher..... eventualyl ill get a vsit
good for you :wink: i haven't been working much gymnastics stuff :cry: or really that much stuff at all..mainly because i have wrestling a couple of nights a week. but i can do an L sit for like a second on my fingertips now :lol: i need to build up the tendons.....and now that this topic has come back up i will work on the tuck sit to build up the tricepes....but i can do about 8 HSPU's now :D
i am getting more hair now.....and muscles 8)
how about you koltz? how's your progress coming along?

koltz
Nov 11, 2006, 06:25 AM
..dunno I heven't been doing much of it all lately ,
yesterday I though that doing wall burpees might be benefitial for strength because of thier nature you basicly get a lot of weigth on your pressing muscles for a lot of time

also I figured out it's posintless to think that advanced tuck planche might be easier say then low straddle planche , because you see people like bboy junior doing full planches with the same angle in the arms as I do advanced tuck or even normal tuck , so does it mean hes that strong just because hes got good levrage?
oviously a 6'2 200lbs guy with big legs doing some variation with 45 degree angle in his arms (from the floor)
is much stronger then a 135lbs 5'4 guy with 75% of his weight in his upper body doing a full planche with 60 degree angle ...

the big guy probably lifts 5 times as much weight , even if you take his bodyweight off the equation..

plancheismine
Nov 11, 2006, 10:39 AM
yeah, but all of that stuff builds up great strength. so can you do a straddle planche yet? :P

koltz
Nov 11, 2006, 12:13 PM
nah.... I wonder if a physically can , I got short arms and heavy legs =\ with a lot of BF on me (15%~ maybe 17)

if I could it would be close to a malteese

plancheismine
Nov 11, 2006, 04:17 PM
nah.... I wonder if a physically can , I got short arms and heavy legs =\ with a lot of BF on me (15%~ maybe 17)

if I could it would be close to a malteese
ooo i think i have some body fat like that too......but i am cut.....idk why it is so high, you can see my abs

WarR
Nov 19, 2006, 10:43 PM
now i can hold a semi-tucked L-seat for about 35 seconds on my palm...yeah no doubt i will have a good L-seat by the end of the year. But for planches i cant seem to stay up i keept falling back...any tips?

bobbyato
Nov 20, 2006, 07:06 PM
isnt a v sit just where your sitting on your ass with your legs in the air and your body of te floor and touching your toes.

i think you meen a russian lever.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHAUEKonuKM

thats a vid of me doing it. its mainly hip flexor/abs strength and the back of the sholders and triceps.

i have a clip of a hip flexor exersize on my youtube account as well
www.youtube.com/user/bobbyconditioning

----------------
conditioning vids
www.youtube.com/user/bobbyconditioning
streetstunt vids
www.youtube.com/user/bobbyatopk

gymnast05
Dec 09, 2006, 06:04 PM
Great V-Sit, except try to point the toes, looks like you can even push back to manna.

Depending on how strong your back and triceps are, the muscle recruitment will change, if your triceps and back are strong enough, you won't really be using your abs or hip flexors, and your legs will just kind of relax in up position with all the weight supported on triceps and back with some tension on the hamstrings.

plancheismine
Dec 16, 2006, 07:45 PM
WOW! that's a great v-sit :shock: 8) you make it look easy, you must have some strong tris

Dec 16, 2006, 08:11 PM
It's amazing that you did not even have to point your fingers backward.