PDA

View Full Version : Neck muscles= less visible adams apple?

jerkinoli
Feb 24, 2010, 12:50 PM
Hey

Do you guys think that working out my neck will help hide my (very) pronounced adams apple?

Thoughts on the subject?

Caliph
Feb 24, 2010, 05:02 PM
maybe... probably not though, because there's not much muscle on the front of your neck... thus why it's extremely vulnerable to strikes. Anyways strengthening your neck is a smart move so you should probably do it anyways... at the end of the day... you are who you are and if people don't like it fuck em'... you owe them nothing for being you.

GeoZim
Feb 24, 2010, 06:43 PM
No!!!!!!!!!!!!

AshersUK
Feb 24, 2010, 07:23 PM
No I very much doubt this. The front of the throat is purely a sensitive "kill" area. A punch or kick to the throat really can be deadly and there's not a lot you can do to prevent it.

n8tive
Feb 24, 2010, 07:23 PM
No!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nothing like getting right to the point. :P

Caliph
Feb 24, 2010, 07:40 PM
well if you got a really, really thick neck... it might make it less noticeable... who knows until you try! Mind you with a really thick neck you may get breathing problems when you sleep... so... yea.. lol!

Gmonster
Feb 24, 2010, 09:15 PM
The front of the throat is purely a sensitive "kill" area. A punch or kick to the throat really can be deadly and there's not a lot you can do to prevent it.

Don't worry too much though, if this does happen to you, you've got about 3 minutes to return the favour (with interest :-P), call an ambulance and cut a hole in your neck.

EvilOne
Feb 25, 2010, 12:14 PM
Wow, am I the only one who looked at this question very strangely???? Are you trying to hide something else as well??

AshersUK
Feb 25, 2010, 12:36 PM
Wow, am I the only one who looked at this question very strangely???? Are you trying to hide something else as well??

Do you think he's considering a sex change?

jerkinoli
Feb 25, 2010, 05:30 PM
Do you think he's considering a sex change?
*Imagines a buff ass neck transgender* HAHAH! Actually it's because that whenever i get into a fight, my opponent goes for my adams apple. It IS a really weak spot.

Also it seems like you guys don't think that training my neck muscles will work. Guess I'll just have to keep my guard up ;)

cheesedog
Feb 25, 2010, 07:56 PM
Maybe you should do wrestlers bridges, neck flexions and trap shrugs for a few months. Then come back and tell us if it worked. Because I'd like to know!

AshersUK
Feb 26, 2010, 02:44 AM
Guess I'll just have to keep my guard up ;)

Or stay out of fights.

MF!
Feb 26, 2010, 07:45 AM
Hey

Do you guys think that working out my neck will help hide my (very) pronounced adams apple?

Thoughts on the subject?

this is possibly the funniest question related to MAs that i've seen in a while...... i never would have thought of this haha :lol:

Lovro
Feb 26, 2010, 08:13 AM
Use this

http://www.adrianhanft.com/Rian/archives/NeckBrace.jpg

jerkinoli
Feb 26, 2010, 08:30 AM
Or stay out of fights.
Not that simple. You don't live where i live.
Btw my adams apple is about the same size as Lil Wayne's. If any of you guys can relate to that :b

AshersUK
Feb 26, 2010, 10:34 AM
Not that simple. You don't live where i live.

That's true, fights here start in eye contact and end with a gun pointing at your face. I honestly have never been in a full on street fight where I live. Other cities and towns yes, very rarely, this town, no, because I value my life.

Bakunin
Mar 01, 2010, 12:21 PM
CHIN DOWN brother, not just for your apple, but for absorbing the punches also!

Caliph
Mar 01, 2010, 05:42 PM
or just train like the Shaolin monks to absorb a spear to the neck lawlz

olinek
Mar 03, 2010, 03:51 PM

i hear beards help as well.

http://sefronia.net/ars-teopatica/images/bakunin.jpg

hemu
Mar 06, 2010, 08:59 AM
implant boobs on ur neck:rolleyes:

Flex19
Mar 09, 2010, 06:20 PM
It takes very little extra muscle or fat to see a big difference visually.
Skinny people use have very visibile adam apple while lean ripped people have less visible adam apple. It's not just that that the extra muscle and fat covers the adam apple but also that if your physique is more compact and firm your adam apple looks more as an even part of your body rather than an isolated bump that catches one's attention.

Dominator350
Mar 09, 2010, 08:14 PM
ashers uk stick to what you know and go drink some fucking tea. Fuckin brit, christ...

This is some of the stupidest shit Ive read in a while. "there is no protection for the neck.." what the fuck...

Thats pretty much all i remember in boxing is protecting the chin. Well guess what,if your fucking chins protected, then your neck certainly is. I go into a boxing stance and you wouldn't even know i had a neck.

You got to get used to operating looking through your eyebrows man. Keep your chin and neck down and if you are in a fight stance use your shoulder and fists to protect your chin.

Lastly, if someone is grabbing your throat in a fight or as playing break their fucking noes, that shit isn't a fucking joke its very disrespectful. Grabbing your neck is like gouging someones eyes, boxing someones ears, or kicking someone in the nuts.

It ain't fuckin right.

gilstrap
Mar 10, 2010, 02:51 PM
exercises for your adams apple ...christ youll be training your fucking eyelids next ....listen dickbrains the only time you gotta worry about an adams apple is if the bird whos blowing you off has one

Gmonster
Mar 10, 2010, 07:47 PM
exercises for your adams apple ...christ youll be training your fucking eyelids next ....listen dickbrains the only time you gotta worry about an adams apple is if the bird whos blowing you off has one

ashers uk stick to what you know and go drink some fucking tea. Fuckin brit, christ...

This is some of the stupidest shit Ive read in a while. "there is no protection for the neck.." what the fuck...

Thats pretty much all i remember in boxing is protecting the chin. Well guess what,if your fucking chins protected, then your neck certainly is. I go into a boxing stance and you wouldn't even know i had a neck.

You got to get used to operating looking through your eyebrows man. Keep your chin and neck down and if you are in a fight stance use your shoulder and fists to protect your chin.

Lastly, if someone is grabbing your throat in a fight or as playing break their fucking noes, that shit isn't a fucking joke its very disrespectful. Grabbing your neck is like gouging someones eyes, boxing someones ears, or kicking someone in the nuts.

It ain't fuckin right.

What are you two on? Why do you guys have to respond like A-holes. There is a big difference between making jokes (as some have in this thread... including myself) and behaving like someone just spat in your face. Everything you guys said was simply put into one simple, polite response before you even posted.... read the following quote:

see.. no need to spout abuse and belittle people. Anyway I hope you guys can go and take a few deep breaths before you post next time.

AshersUK
Mar 10, 2010, 07:57 PM
You can't walk around with your guard up for ever. If anything having your guard up just instigates violence. So as a matter of fact, your neck is always unprotected, it's only when you get into a fight, or the fight starts and you're the victim you put your guard up. He's talking about on the street, not in a ring. Get a grip Dom.

Caliph
Mar 10, 2010, 08:58 PM
why is this thread still going on rofl.... unless you have surgery or somesuch nothing is gonna change your neck all that much... and Gmonster... chill out man.. the people here aren't trying to do any harm just havin' some fun :P

olinek
Mar 10, 2010, 10:43 PM
man i think you guys are underestimating how much a neck can hypertrophy.

If you wanna hide your adam's apple you got 2 options.

option a) try finding the adam's apple on that actress(?) from that movie Precious.

option b) try finding the adam's aaple on a jacked wrestler.

Dominator350
Mar 11, 2010, 09:18 AM
What are you two on? Why do you guys have to respond like A-holes. There is a big difference between making jokes (as some have in this thread... including myself) and behaving like someone just spat in your face. Everything you guys said was simply put into one simple, polite response before you even posted.... read the following quote:

see.. no need to spout abuse and belittle people. Anyway I hope you guys can go and take a few deep breaths before you post next time.

I hope you can take yer moral of the day print it off an shove it up yer wifes cunt.

Nah man it IS all in good fun. Were just kidding, so shut the fuck up, eh? Ya get me?

MF!
Mar 11, 2010, 11:03 AM
I hope you can take yer moral of the day print it off an shove it up yer wifes cunt.

Nah man it IS all in good fun. Were just kidding, so shut the fuck up, eh? Ya get me?

dom, you're hurting our feelings here with the violent linguistics.... :shock:

Lovro
Mar 11, 2010, 11:20 AM
Dom, the cyber-bully. He'll shadow-box you over UTP. 8)

Dominator350
Mar 11, 2010, 11:25 AM
lets get one thing straight I was never the bully I was always the underdog. In grade seven I was suspended for three days for using the word cocksucker to the vice principals face, other students were encouraged to beat the fuckin shit out of me by all those macho gym teacher faggots. They all hated me for my language and the attitude.

Fuck em.

aramse14
Sep 02, 2011, 11:05 AM
I don't know if it would alter the visibility of your adams apple, but incorporating exercises that work the traps (Handstand push-ups, upright rows, etc.) could definitely make your neck bigger, which would WOW people away from that part of your neck!

http://www.youtube.com/user/FitnessThruFocus