PDA

View Full Version : what is the maximum growth rate for male(growing age)

moeed_eng
Oct 02, 2009, 01:33 PM
hi.
I just want to know that what is maximum growing age for a male.Some says that its 18 and some says that 21 and some says that 25 is maximum.Which one is true?

weedeater
Oct 02, 2009, 02:40 PM
hi.
I just want to know that what is maximum growing age for a male.Some says that its 18 and some says that 21 and some says that 25 is maximum.Which one is true?

As far as I know, it varies a lot. Some people have done all their growth by as early as 14, others as late as 25. I think for most people it's somewhere between 16 and 18 when you quit growing (taller) though. I've been 5'10 since I was 18.

EvilOne
Oct 02, 2009, 02:40 PM
we all be different. i SAY 18-22

EvilOne
Oct 02, 2009, 02:41 PM
As far as I know, it varies a lot. Some people have done all their growth by as early as 14, others as late as 25. I think for most people it's somewhere between 16 and 18 when you quit growing (taller) though. I've been 5'10 since I was 18.
ME TOO IN THE HEIGHT DEPT. I WENT TO SCHOOL with a kid who graduated at 5'7", he is now 6'2". so just roll you dice

gilstrap
Oct 03, 2009, 09:57 AM
hi.

im gonna use some dime store pycology here my guess is your a short ass who hopes hell grow till his 25 ..im sorry moed it wont happen youl just have to keep the turn ups on your undies

vm26
Oct 03, 2009, 10:26 AM
I would say the vast majority of males reach their adult heights by the time they graduate high school, around 17-18ish. You may be able to squeeze out another quarter or half inch but that's probably the exception not the rule. Chicks reach their adult heights younger. You could probably get a better idea of your situation by looking at your parents and older siblings but of course this is far from an exact science. The bad news is that if we live long enough, we all will lose height due to our disks losing drying up and losing their ability to retain fluid. I'm not sure when this starts, guessing sometime after age 50, but again there's probably many variables such as genetics and your overall health/fitness that would affect this. If you're desperate to gain a few inches after your growth plates have fused, you can undergo cosmetic limb lengthening which could add about 2 inches to your overall height but obviously this involves an invasive procedure with risks, prolonged recovery time, and big bucks

Fatman
Oct 04, 2009, 11:08 AM
It sucked for me because I attained my full height more or less by the time I was 15. So I went from being one of the tall kids in class to about average over the next few years :(

olinek
Oct 04, 2009, 11:14 AM
It sucked for me because I attained my full height more or less by the time I was 15. So I went from being one of the tall kids in class to about average over the next few years :(

thats what I think usually happens.

I went from being the shortest to tallest over the course of 2 years.

onelasttime
Oct 06, 2009, 10:09 PM
Their is no single age. It is geneticly based on how close your ancestory lived to the equator before we all started moving around. Have you not noticed that for instance Black males start puberty a good 2-4 years ahead of their average white counter part in then same school. This is also why they die a few years younger in general the sooner you finish puberty the sooner you start the long sslow slide down hill!

One of the reason you see more young black men dominating H.S. sports is due to the age in which they start puberty. If you are physicaly 2-4 years ahead of your white European competition in terms of strength,endurance,work capacity, heighth and weight thent hat gives you 2-4 extra years to perfect your skills as well. Thatmight not sound like much but when we use a ssystem of cronological age for everything related to school from when you start to playing sports it makes all the difference in the world.

When you look globably at pro sports and amature sports aroundthe world you see that their is less domination in by any single ethnic roup when you have less diversity to begin with. So here inthe USA those white,purtorican,spanish you name it kids that are not the norm that enter puberty sooner then their counter parts they too end up dominating in most sports. Their are some like gold and tenis where strength and endurance differences do not start to show up big in who wins or lose's until you get to the college level since skill differences vari so much at that age.

You will also find that those kids from other ethnic groups that enter puberty sooner like most African American males will share the same traits .....They will have a higher then normal rate or high blood pressure latter in life, they will all have a higher then normal percentage of fast twitch muscle fiber, higher then normal for population cholestral issues and will all die at younger age then is average for their ethnic group due to entering puberty sooner and finishing sooner!

My growth plates where closed by the end of 5th grade according to X-Rays and I was 6 foot 2 inchs tall. The only thing that changed onme after that was muscle mass and strength. So those numbers are all over the place for a reason.

Also the closer you live to the Equator interms of ones ancestory the darker your skin, the less body fat you will normaly carry, etc.......Just the opposite is true those farthest fromthe Equator have lighter skin why so they can convert less available sunlight to Vitamin D...they tend to have higher body fat levels especialy under the skin and this is to help survive long cold winters etc........

All of this has been known for at least 200 years maybe more. I read an Early British Anthropologists work that was very very old and all of the things he semized as unpopular and non-politicaly correct as they would be to say the way he said them are in fact true and better science has proven his observations and deductions true.

Raja
Oct 06, 2009, 11:38 PM
As my height growth slowed down, my width growth accelerated. :( Probably around 17.

cheesedog
Oct 08, 2009, 03:02 PM
All of this has been known for at least 200 years maybe more. I read an Early British Anthropologists work that was very very old and all of the things he semized as unpopular and non-politicaly correct as they would be to say the way he said them are in fact true and better science has proven his observations and deductions true.

That's because those same anthropologists used similiar observations of the differences between the races to make incorrect and rascist inferences as to the superiority of the "white" race, especially the Northern European branch. The few good bits ended up being thrown out with all the bad.