PDA

View Full Version : are veins meant to show when you lift weights but have fat

piero69
Jan 28, 2009, 08:08 AM
hey everyone :)
im around 6kgs above what i should be im not fat just alitlle chubby and whenever i lift weights to my absolute maximum my veins never show my friend says im not pushing my self but i push so far that i grunt and cant move it further loll but my friend is usually wrong when it comes to this haha
any ideas anyone thanks could it be the fat covering it?

oh and hands shake after all that working out so that should pretty much prove that i give 100% haha:twisted:

piero69
Jan 28, 2009, 08:16 AM
by the way im 165 or 163 cms lol im 15 and weigh 59kgs

Fatman
Jan 28, 2009, 09:11 AM
Veins usually don't show. When they do, it means that you have very low bodyfat, very thin skin or are severely dehydrated. Don't worry, keep lifting and exercising. Veins DO NOT SHOW on normal people.

bazmonkey
Jan 28, 2009, 12:50 PM
Really?

I'm 25, 153lbs., 5'10". I still have a little belly and sizable saddlebags of fat (working on it!). Enough that you can grab a good handful of fat on the back of my thighs.

Anyway, my bodyfat is certainly not low, and I drink (I do measure) around a gallon of water a day (in a moist climate). When I have a pump from working out I can see veins on my forearm, biceps, and shoulder. "See" as in the skin is raised along the surface, I don't actually see the blue/green vein itself.

Should I be concerned about something?

olinek
Jan 28, 2009, 12:54 PM
Veins usually don't show. When they do, it means that you have very low bodyfat, very thin skin or are severely dehydrated. Don't worry, keep lifting and exercising. Veins DO NOT SHOW on normal people.

Lol my forearms are pretty damn veiny. In fact the inside of my elbow joint is like a heroine addicts paradise.

Dominator350
Jan 28, 2009, 02:13 PM
yeah i was gonna say you can see striations in my forearms and about 100 veins. No veins for a 153 pounder at 5 10 is kinda strange.

EvilOne
Jan 28, 2009, 03:34 PM
yeah i was gonna say you can see striations in my forearms and about 100 veins. No veins for a 153 pounder at 5 10 is kinda strange.
agreed, you must not have any muscle either, get to work

ranger_x3
Jan 28, 2009, 03:34 PM
Veins? I think almost all of mine show on my hands, arms, shoulders, feet and legs. My torso is the only place they don't show normally. Its what I get for being 128 lbs at 5'9".

bazmonkey
Jan 28, 2009, 03:49 PM
No veins for a 153 pounder at 5 10 is kinda strange.

I said I DO see veins. But nonetheless, yes, not too much muscle, working on it.

Dominator350
Jan 28, 2009, 06:52 PM
thats good. Just giver man, put how you look out of your head. The worlds greatest fighters sure as hell don't look it.

bazmonkey
Jan 28, 2009, 07:34 PM
thats good. Just giver man, put how you look out of your head. The worlds greatest fighters sure as hell don't look it.

I was asking because fatman said it could be from all sorts of bad things. I couldn't care less what veins I can see.

Dominator350
Jan 28, 2009, 07:35 PM
sometimes i just think that guy has no idea what hes talking about...

onelasttime
Jan 28, 2009, 09:12 PM
Exercise will spur new veins and capilaries. It is true that most people do not look very vascular once above about 8% body fat with the exceptions of their arms and leg's. forinstance you can have a huge gut and not have much fat on your arm's especialy the lower arm's, shoulder's and lower leg's etc......... When you train it is normal for some peoples veins that are near the surface to bulge a bit then go back down a few hours after they train. Now lean people often have veins all over the place that are easy to see. So depending on where you hold your fat and water weight makes allthe difference int he world. It also matter's if youhave always been fat or if you just got fat. forinstance take a world class athlete that is retires from say pro-football or body building. They gain 120lbs of fat in the course of three year's. If you take them and line them up close to naked next to a man that has been fat since childhood that is close tot he same weight you will see a huge difference in their appearance with nothing but under ware on. The pro athlete will likely not have fat arm's,fat neck and their legs will be much leaner and their lower leg's and ankles will be almost devoid of excess fat or water. The fat guy that has been fat his entire life will have a fat neck,face,finger's, arms, legs, ankles etc.....He will be fat every where and will have a lot of water weights in his extremities etc......

My point is their is more to it then how over weight you are. Your previous condition and the length of time you have been fat make a uge difference with reguards to your question.

piero69
Jan 29, 2009, 02:48 AM
Exercise will spur new veins and capilaries. It is true that most people do not look very vascular once above about 8% body fat with the exceptions of their arms and leg's. forinstance you can have a huge gut and not have much fat on your arm's especialy the lower arm's, shoulder's and lower leg's etc......... When you train it is normal for some peoples veins that are near the surface to bulge a bit then go back down a few hours after they train. Now lean people often have veins all over the place that are easy to see. So depending on where you hold your fat and water weight makes allthe difference int he world. It also matter's if youhave always been fat or if you just got fat. forinstance take a world class athlete that is retires from say pro-football or body building. They gain 120lbs of fat in the course of three year's. If you take them and line them up close to naked next to a man that has been fat since childhood that is close tot he same weight you will see a huge difference in their appearance with nothing but under ware on. The pro athlete will likely not have fat arm's,fat neck and their legs will be much leaner and their lower leg's and ankles will be almost devoid of excess fat or water. The fat guy that has been fat his entire life will have a fat neck,face,finger's, arms, legs, ankles etc.....He will be fat every where and will have a lot of water weights in his extremities etc......

My point is their is more to it then how over weight you are. Your previous condition and the length of time you have been fat make a uge difference with reguards to your question.

well for one im not fat and not even THAT chubby ive lost weight also i havent weighed myself in ages because my scales are dodgy and also i drink ALOT of water for anyone my age well i conside 3 litres alot of water every day any um ideas?

Fatman
Jan 29, 2009, 02:55 AM
Some people are more prone to veins popping up, others less. I got the impression that he meant the veins that pop up from the muscles, like bodybuilders. I have ones on my forearms, and I can see the ones in my shoulders, but they don't "come out" when I exercise. I have pretty thick skin, though. Everybody has a set of visible veins somewhere, but not "bursting through" the skin, like a Ronnie C. or a Jay Cutler.

There are also people who have never exercised, but have a plethora of visible veins. It has little to do with training.

Journeyman
Jan 29, 2009, 05:13 PM
hey everyone :)
im around 6kgs above what i should be im not fat just alitlle chubby and

No offense. But you should not take 'dieting pills' as you do not need them.

onelasttime
Jan 29, 2009, 05:20 PM
Well I too think that diet pills are for the obesse because when combined with a sound diet they help take the edge off the hunger and they kick the metabo up 1%-3% which might not sound like much but it amounts to a lot over the course of weeks and months when you are talking about your BMBR being 1%-3% higher. 6kg. is not shit you can lose that by just cutting back onthe bread and sweetner's and pop etc.... and getting some exercise.

But I do think that people should be giventhe fact's about all drugs not bullshit answere and half truths etc......

USMC machine
Jan 29, 2009, 11:26 PM
Lol my forearms are pretty damn veiny. In fact the inside of my elbow joint is like a heroine addicts paradise.
Yeah my brother is like that too, they call him the human roadmap!

:mrgreen:

Akseer
Jan 30, 2009, 12:41 AM
Many ppl focus on resistance training, which is ok, but the best for anyone would be speed and intensity, go to oxygen deficit sth like that. And i think you friend just may be right this time.